Five Day Breather
Today is officially the last day of my 5-day leave from work. Yes, I am kind of sad that it has to end and that I am again obligated to get my ass of bed and get back to the real world. But at the same time, this timeout made me appreciate what I have: a job.
Don’t get me wrong, I do miss bumming around. Watching TV shows all day, play with my pets and wake up and sleep whenever I want to. Also, not having to worry about the effin shifting schedule that most of the time takes a toll on me (not to mention my body clock and mood) and other work/people related stress that comes with it. I love what I’m doing and most if not all the people that I’m with but I’m not that sure if I still love where I currently am. Even though that is the case, I have a feeling that I wouldn’t be leaving HP anytime soon. I am hoping that this is only a quarter life/career crisis that will eventually pass. If not, I am hoping that a better career opportunity will show itself up in the near future.
But hey, I earn more than I am expected of considering I’m a fresh graduate. How can anybody go wrong with that? (Also, I am hoping this career will make me rich that I can get to travel anywhere I want with someone someday.)
You complain everyday about your job and how hard and stressful it is when somewhere, someone out there would cut his leg just to be in your place.
Hi guys. I finally won something. A free digicam from a raffle during last week’s coffee talk. God knows how much I needed a portable camera! Thank youuuuu, HP! I finally won something. haha.
One on One with Ze Manager.
Yesterday, I had my second one on one with my manager. Basically we talked about
- How I am doing in HP after 6 months. I’m happy. I think I can see myself doing this for a long time. I still have a lot of things to learn. I started in HP wanting to pursue a managerial path by for now, I am choosing technical. (Yes, even I was surprised on my decision.)
- My future career plans. To stay in my team. To be shared to other teams. To transfer to another team. *in chronological order ;) *
- My manager’s plans for me. I hope she can at least take note and make all the things that I wanted to do possible in the near future.
- Favorite part: COMMENDATIONS. Yiiiiiiiiie♥ The part where I got all kilig and happy. She told me that she received commendations for me from some of the accounts that I am handling. Heh. I’m happy that there are people who notices my hard work! *pats myself on the back*
- By next month, me and a team mate of mine will go all accounts! Ahhhhh, Hello God, help me, help us!
I can’t believe that it has been six months since
- I got my college diploma and I officially became part of “ZE REAL WORLD”.
- My first week in HP with some of the most amazing people I know in my life. :) Take me back to the bootcamp days!
- The new hire orientation where I was a loner during DAY 1 where I was a complete loner LOL but finally found friends on DAY 2.
- Since I first met my team mates and the first thing they asked me is WHAT IS LOVE? hahaha.
- FIRST PAYDAY EVEERRRRRRRR!!!!! *and how much we all hated that fucking witholding tax*
- First dinner out with the “shembootcampers” and our former manager Sir Poch *insert infinity sad faces here:(:(:(:(*
Last May 5, Jeff, Jovy, Carla and I ate at Stackers to “celebrate” our 6 months stay in HP.
I hope we can do this all again! Eat out and be complete (and I mean COMPLETE). I know it’s impossible because of our fucked up schedules but just a dinner out (in the pantry which is also impossible hahaha) would be amazing!:)
I hate it. I don’t even see the extra money as a reason to work while everybody is sleeping. I just love having an excuse to go to work without any makeup on (makeup=concelear and blush-on). Not even a lipgloss to save my life. Zombie mode at its finest. If wearing PJs was allowed, that will be heaven.
But still, graveyard shift can keep the extra money together with the extra eyebags, pimples and stress. I’d choose my bed over extra money.
Don’t mind me. This is just me ranting because I have 2 more graveyard shifts to go for this week and I can’t wait for it to be over.
I just have to put this here.
Our manager Sir Poch left to pursue his MBA studies in the land of kangaroos and koalas *insert intense crying here*. We bought him a scrapbook where wrote our messages and what nots. This was done by my team mate, Pat. Too awesome and lovely not to share.
I LOVE ASIA SHARED ACCOUNTS.♥
Going live in my work means you start with your actual work. I went live last Tuesday and boy, that was really an experience.
- My first time to go live after my two days off. I panicked, got scared, panicked more and went home late because I panicked doing my tasks. But it was all good in the end. I learned a lot.
- Had a little catching up with Inna and Caleb! WE SHOULD HAVE LUNCH/DINNER SOOOOOOOOOON!♥
- I called an L3 from India for the first time. I’m glad he’s really nice because I ended up calling him every single day (yes, even today) every time the process that I am monitoring stops.
- Gossip Girls = Pat, Kat and Gelai♥
- I don’t even wanna talk about this day. All I can say is, acting like a crazy lunatic towards a certain situation won’t get you anywhere. Believe me. That was just too much unwanted drama in a day. It ruined my day.
- I already adjusted to my tasks on this (11pm-8am) shift. I am actually starting to enjoy it even though all the work comes when the clock strikes 5.
- Jeff and I are now part of the Rewards and Recognition team. We were “chosen” (hahahaha) as the CC Shared SPOCS. Hellooooooo initiative!
- Jeff and his endless pangiinsulto sa maganda kong magnet sa locker. K. Pinasakit mo tiyan ko. hahahahahahaha.
- Pantry breakfast with Steph, Josh, Ivan and Jeff. ♥ I missed this! Too bad that we didn’t have enough free time now (like the shadowing days) to chat and share stories. Soon maybe!
- Last DM day before my OFF! Yay! Stayed in the other side of the office with Pat as my shadow (but she ended but shadowing me haha). Twas a fun cold Saturday night in the office but I wish I had the time to go out and enjoy the rain.
- Sunday morning means x2 tasks for some of the accounts that I am supporting but I managed to finish it on time. Whew.
- NOW LET ME ENJOY MY OFF BY SLEEPING AND READING A BOOK.
- Another round of trainings before we go live on Sunday (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)
- Hands on exam tomorrow. Wow, I can’t even remember the last time I took any exam.
- Happy Day (for my wallet). HP gave us a gift certificate worth P500 for SM. I will get my taxi reimbursement two weeks from now and our 3rd salary will be given this Friday. *chiching! chiching!*
- WILL GO LIVE (meaning start the actual work) ON SUNDAY. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AGAIN.
- I am just happy where I am now.♥ But I miss my college friends (and college for that matter *ehem engboy ehem*) so much.